Concerned about whether you have a computer or online gaming addiction? Take our online gaming addiction test.
EverQuest addiction? Many laugh at the thought, yet more cases are being seen each year. The highly addictive nature of online role-playing games impacts children and teenagers the most, but a growing number of adults are also getting hooked, and the latest craze is to online sports fantasy games.
Answer "yes" or "no" to the following statements to see if you may be addicted to online gaming:
- Do you need to play online games with increasing amounts of time in order to achieve the desired excitement?
- Are you preoccupied with gaming (thinking about it when offline, anticipating your next online session)?
- Have you lied to friends and family members to conceal extent of your online gaming?
- Do you feel restless or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop online gaming?
- Have you made repeated unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back, or stop online gaming?
- Do you use gaming as a way of escaping from problems or relieve feelings of helplessness, guilt, anxiety, or depression?
- Have you jeopardized or lost a significant relationship, or even risked your marriage because of your online gaming habit?
- Have you jeopardized a job, educational, or career opportunity because of your online gaming habit?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, you may be addicted to online gaming. These are common warning signs that you have lost control, lied, or possibly risked a relationship to support your gaming behavior. Why wait until it is too late to seek out help? Contact our Counseling Services today to receive fast, caring, and confidential advice to stop online gaming or read through our library of articles to help you find the information you need to understand Internet addiction and steps towards its recovery.
continue story below
- Created: 05 January 2009
- Last Updated: 14 January 2014